Tuesday, May 13, 2014

TEJON TETON TUESDAY!

My name is Ben Teton, and as the Conservancy's newest Wildlife Tech. I have been tasked with conducting wildlife surveys throughout the Ranch. From the richest conifer forests to the hidden desert folds of the Antelope Valley, these surveys have afforded me a wonderful opportunity to encounter much of Tejon's fascinating wildlife in some the most remote reaches of the Ranch. Over the coming weeks I invite you to share in these encounters, as I post portraits of some of my new friends here on the blog, every Tuesday. The following is this week's offering of the wild and mysterious characters that help compose the incredible diversity of Tejon Ranch. Enjoy!


Pronghorn (Antilocapra americana)


Red Tailed Hawk (Buteo Jamaicensis)


Sierra Gartersnake (Thamnophis couchii)

Painted Lady (Vanessa cardui)

Wild Pig (Sus scrofa)